ArtReach Toronto, in partnership with City of Toronto Cultural Services, Art Gallery of Ontario and Manifesto invites you to participate in a pitch contest. If you are a young artist or a group of artists, between the ages of 16 and 29, we want to hear from you!
We want to discover and support some of Toronto’s finest innovative talent and encourage community participation through the arts!
Win $5,000 to support your community youth arts project, start your arts business or take your career to the next level!
The arts are a powerful and motivating way that youth can be involved in their communities. Whether it’s in someone’s basement, or through a community program – young people are creating art all over this city. ArtReach Toronto, City of Toronto Cultural Services, Art Gallery of Ontario and Manifesto want to support youth aspirations in the arts. We invite you to submit your ideas to us, which could land you a spot in front of an esteemed panel of judges for a live and interactive pitch contest!
- You must be an artist or part of a group of artists
- You must be between the ages of 16 and 29
- Developing an artistic project or are serious about your arts initiative
- Have experienced barriers and those who are increasing access to the arts
ArtReach Toronto encourages artists working in a broad range of art forms to apply, including dance, drama, music, carnival and circus, film and video, TV and radio, new media, fashion, creative writing, visual arts, crafts, hip hop, design, multi-media, urban arts and more.
Nine lucky submissions will be chosen to pitch their ideas live on Friday September 21, 2012 for a chance to win one of three $5,000 prizes awarded to participants in the following categories:
- Community Arts (i.e. theatre groups, collective of filmmakers etc.)
- Creative Enterprise (i.e. singers, poets, MC’s, clothing designers etc.)
Exciting runner up prizes will contribute to bringing awareness to your project or art!
- To enter, you must submit a two page (maximum) proposal answering the series of questions listed below, pitching your idea to the committee by the deadline of Friday August 17, 2012.
- The nine lucky finalists chosen to make their pitch will be announced on August 30, 2012! ALL finalists are required to attend a two-part workshop series entitled How To Make a Pitch. These sessions will be held on Wednesday, September 5thand Wednesday, September 12th, 2012.
- Finalists will then pitch their ideas LIVE on Friday September 21, 2012 making a creative, energetic, inspiring and convincing presentation, pitch or performance in less than 5 minutes!!
- A panel of knowledgeable, high profile judges will provide on the spot feedback to all finalists and award three winners with the grand prizes of the PITCH CONTEST!
Deadline for Entries: Friday August 17, 2012
Submissions are to be placed online.
The submission form is here: www.artreachtoronto.ca/submit.html
If you have any questions, please feel to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Derick at 647-347-0086